Here's what I've been eating the past week! I will say that at the very beginning I was having bulletproof coffee (coffee, grass fed butter + coconut oil blended) instead of coffee with heavy cream. I'm one of those weirdos that actually likes the taste/consistency of bulletproof coffee, but I drink A LOT of coffee and I think it was adding TOO much of the fats because I was upping my fats elsewhere, too. Bulletproof coffee is supposed to be sort of a meal replacement or to tide you over until lunch and I was legit having it like 2-3 times a day - too much!
- Coffee with heavy cream
- 1 hardboiled egg with salt and pepper
- 2 strips of bacon from McDonalds (I couldn't find the precooked bacon at the store so I ended up getting Mickey D's bacon instead)
- Burger patty on top of salad with shredded cheddar and pickles with mayo dressing (mayo, relish, vinegar, mustard)
- Two fat bombs
- Baked chicken thighs with broccoli and avocado on the side
- (or Chipotle bowl with chicken, fajita peppers, medium salsa, cheese, guac, and lettuce)
- Two fat bombs
Some changes for next week - I may make the baked chicken again, but maybe add some different spices and more garlic. It was good and I just made a big batch on Sunday and had enough to get me through almost the whole week. I bought horseradish sauce for the burger. I like the burger salad but the dressing was a bit too sweet for me. Everything else I'll probably keep the same. My grocery store had the Eggland's Best hardboiled eggs again so I grabbed a bag (they were out of that brand last week). I saw a tip on another site about adding Everything Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe's to cream cheese to make a nice dip. That sounds right up my alley but is probably TOO tempting as a snack so I'll file that away for later!
When I did low carb in the past, I ate a lot of fish and chicken breasts and I'm really glad that I'm eating other stuff this time around. I don't think I'd be able to stick with this if I had to eat chicken breasts every day again. I'm also finding the higher fat meats to be more satisfying.